LASALA, a contemporary dance company directed by Judith Argomaniz, is composed of artists of the fields of dance and photography.
The company focuses on the continuous inquiry to create a physical language and a contemporary aesthetic, trying to answer and reflect the concerns of the team.
Since it was created, in 2013, the company has been invited to different national and international festivals.
HOOKED, extract from the work HOOKED(still), has been awarded with:
· First Prize and Audience Award at the 19ème Concours Chorégraphique Contemporain Jeunes Compagnies – Les Synodales, Sens, France.
· First Prize at the IX International Contest of Dance and Performing Arts -Ciudad de Alcobendas.
· Second Prize at the III Dance Contest for Young Creators of Madrid.
· Second Prize at the VIII Choreographic Contest of Sabadell.
· Special Mention of dance thanks to the brilliance of some choreographic moments at the International Dance and Theatre Fair of Huesca.
The company has achieved an artistic residency through the Provincial Council of Guipúzcoa-Dantzagunea for the program Sortutakoak, as well as artistic residences in the centres Bergerie de Soffin Alfred Alerte in France and at the Choreographic Centre La Gomera. It has been supported by the artists in residence program Aterpean and has received the Grant for the Choreographic Creation Dantzan Bilaka and Choreographic Production by the Basque Government.
LASALA has been one of the chosen comapnies for the Circuito de la Red Acieloabierto 2014 and 2015.