LASALA, a contemporary dance company directed by Judith Argomaniz, is composed of artists of the fields of dance and photography.
The company focuses on the continuous inquiry to create a physical language and a contemporary aesthetic, trying to answer and reflect the concerns of the team.
Since it was created, in 2013, the company has been invited to different national and international festivals.
The Company has obtained the support of the Guipuzcoa Provincial Council - Dantzagunea for the Sortutakoak program. It has been supported by the Artists in Residence program Aterpean. It has been supported by the Donostia 2016 foundation in the Mugalariak program. It has received the Dantzan Bilaka Subsidy for Choreographic Creation and for Choreographic Production through the Basque Government in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and for Company Consolidation in 2017.
Creations of LASALA:
2017 >> M I C R O C LI M A T E
2016 >> N O W
2016 >> TRIP
2015 >> LAUESKU 22
2014 >> LAUESKU
2014 >> HOOKED(still)
2013 >> HOOKED
HOOKED, extract from the work HOOKED(still), has been awarded with:
· First Prize and Audience Award at the 19ème Concours Chorégraphique Contemporain Jeunes Compagnies – Les Synodales, Sens, France.
· First Prize at the IX International Contest of Dance and Performing Arts -Ciudad de Alcobendas.
· Second Prize at the III Dance Contest for Young Creators of Madrid.
· Second Prize at the VIII Choreographic Contest of Sabadell.
· Special Mention of dance thanks to the brilliance of some choreographic moments at the International Dance and Theatre Fair of Huesca.